Run a Pocket-Sized Farm and Sell Your Produce to Other Players!
|Hay Day Review|
|Avg. Rating: (60 Player Ratings – Avg. Rating 4.3 out of 5) Rate|
Back to the Simple Life
Do you hear that? The rooster’s crowing. It’s time to get up, greet the morning, and get to work on the old farm. It may not be the most glamorous job out there, but even the most cosmopolitan and technologically-advanced cities would be in a lot of trouble if they didn’t have at least one farm to back them up.
In Hay Day, you will take control of one such farm. Everything about it is yours to control! You will decide on the look, you will determine the layout of the fields and facilities, and you will ultimately choose what goods you want to produce. Will you plant fields of corn that stretch as far as the eye can see? Will you raise entire herds of free-range cows? Will you make money by simply selling your produce or will you convert it into more valuable goods? The call is entirely yours and the power to choose is literally at your fingertips with Hay Day!
Make Your Farm
The world of Hay Day is a truly remarkable little place, with colorful visuals and charming characters. By building a farm, you can leave your own mark on it. Get your creative juices flowing; no two Hay Day farms will ever be alike.
- Till fields, set up buildings, clear out trees, and determine the overall layout for your farm with a few strokes of your finger.
- Give your farm its own unique name.
- Collect valuable gems to speed up the construction process of fields, buildings and facilities.
Grow Your Crops
No farm is complete without a few fields worth of crops to raise. Just about every delicious dish that we know of begins life as a few humble little seeds, so treat your plants as if they were your own children. Take good care of them and they’ll take good care of you down the line.
- Grow dozens of crops, including wheat, corn, sugarcane, strawberries, potatoes, cacao beans and more!
- Harvesting is easy. Just run your finger over your plants after they’ve ripened and they’ll be ready for storage or the market in seconds.
- Build silos to store your harvest.
- Be on the lookout for special items while you harvest. You might come across useful materials as you work, including screws, saws and even deeds for land.
Raise Your Animals
Animals play a big role in farm life and Hay Day is no different in this regard. Just like in real life, animals provide foodstuffs and resources you can’t otherwise find growing in the dirt. They also add a lot more personality to your little virtual patch of paradise.
- Raise all sorts of animals, including cows, pigs, sheep, chickens and goats.
- Provide them with a regular supply of food and water to keep them healthy and happy.
- Collect valuable goods from your livestock, like milk, eggs and wool.
- Purchase some non-producing animals like cats, horses and dogs. Earn extra experience from them as you watch them add even more life to your farm.
Produce Even More Exotic Goods
You have your wheat and you have your milk. Do you think you’re good to go to market yet? Slow down; you can do a whole lot more with your harvest. Harvested and collected goods can be used to produce even bigger and more complicated goods. You can make a lot of money producing and selling this stuff, provided you’re also willing to get the right equipment.
- Refine existing materials into products. Turn your wheat into bread, make butter and cheese from your milk, convert sugarcane into white and brown sugar, and so on.
- By combining existing goods and products, you can produce even more profitable stuff, like pizza, blackberry muffins, buttered popcorn, pancakes and more.
- Buy specialized machines to “cook” your ingredients and make the products. Get a cake oven, barbeque grill, coffee kiosk and candy machine.
This is it. This is what all your hard work in Hay Day has been leading up to. Your farm’s produce is in high demand and there’s a lot of profit to be made, provided you have some good business sense.
- Meet your customers’ demands. Fulfill orders to the farm that come in regularly.
- Sell goods off to your neighbors for quick cash.
- Features a player-run economy. Analyze the market online and sell your goods to other players for whatever price you deem worthy.
- Buy extra supplies from other players if you really need them.
Buy this Farm!
When it comes to portable farming simulators, you can’t go wrong with Hay Day. It has a great abundance of goods to harvest, collect and produce. It lets you buy and sell directly from other players, which is something you aren’t likely to find in many other sims. Most of all, it’s brimming with a lot of charm, color and personality that will bring the touch-screen of your mobile device to life like no other! With Hay Day, every day will feel like pay day!
Guides, Strategies, and Hints
Besides that, it also means that there’s a good range of ways to specialize your farm’s operation. While a lot of these mobile tycoon games offer a good deal of options to run your business on the surface, the truth is that you pretty much have to do everything if you want to get anywhere. In Hay Day, you can devote your resources to simply fill in a little demand for a few specific products, sell them off to other players, and then use the cash to make your farm even better at what it does. You’re free to complete every quest and achievement in the game if you want, but Hay Day gives you ample opportunity to actually run your farm like a business.
Conclusion: It Freshens Up the Farm a Little
Hay Day may not be the most original game around, but it’s safe to say that it could be described as one of the best. The visuals are solid, the animals are cute, and the interactivity is leagues ahead of the rest. More than anything else, the player-run commerce options add a bit of depth to the old formula that helps to revamp it in many ways.
If you didn’t like all the other farm sims out there, Hay Day will do little to change your mind. If you have enjoyed them, then Hay Day’s mechanics represent the next logical step in the genre.