Feed, Clean and Tend to the Needs of Your Own Pet Alien!
ASO Exclusive Review Summary
- Includes a good variety of mini games that mix things up
- Lots of ways to customize your pet
- Potions can be fun to fool around with
A New Brand of Virtual Pet
It has finally happened. You have made first contact with extraterrestrial life in the form of a sentient blob named Pou. The good news is that Pou is not here to take over the world. He doesn’t even want to be taken to your leader. The bad news is that he can’t really do much of anything; he’s still physically a baby and needs a lot of love and care before he can grow big and strong.
That’s where you come in. You need to help raise the little guy. That means feeding him, cleaning him up, tending to his needs, and keeping him happy. Like raising any other pet, it’ll be a lot of hard work. If you keep at it, it will also be a very rewarding experience.
Tending to Pou
Pou may be an alien from another planet, but just like any normal Earthling, he has biological needs too. As his parent and caretaker, it will be your job to nurture him into a healthy and happy blob.
- Feed Pou a variety of food and snacks, including pizza, ice cream, fruit, pie and so on. Some things are more nutritious than others, but sweets make him happier.
- Rub your pet down with soap once he gets dirty.
- Acquire potions in the laboratory that will have all sorts of special effects when they are consumed by Pou. Shrink him down with the Fat Burner, get him hungry for anything with the Hunger Potion, make him ready to play with the Energizer, and more.
- Throw a ball around to improve Pou’s mood if he’s feeling cranky or under the weather.
- Let Pou get some much-needed rest in the bedroom.
- Watch Pou gain experience and grow over time.
Play with Pou
As you take care of him, you’ll find that the slimy little rascal can be a real handful. Besides feeding him, there are a variety of games you can play just to mix things up. These games are not only fun, but they keep Pou happy and get him some much needed exercise.
- Play Food Drop. Help Pou catch and eat the edible stuff while staying away from the garbage.
- Play Pou Sounds. Test your memory by playing back the correct combination of sounds you hear in a game reminiscent to Simon.
- Play Tic Tac Pou and get three in a row.
- In Sky Jump, tilt your device to guide the bouncing Pou higher up the cloud platforms.
- In Free Fall, help Pou collect as many coins as possible as he falls freely in the sky.
- Play Color Match. Shift the rows of multicolored Pou blobs around to match at least three together.
Customize You Pet
You would think that there aren’t a whole lot of ways to give a blob style, but Pou will surprise you once again. There are a great many ways to give Pou a look so unique, that you would have no problems picking him out from a crowd of other Pous.
- Collect an entire wardrobe of clothing and accessories. Dress Pou up in a nice assortment of suits, hats, glasses and jewels.
- Put on a different wallpaper pattern for every individual room in Pou’s virtual home.
- Change the color of Pou’s body to whatever you like.
Can You Love an Alien Blob?
Pou may be a shapeless blot of slime, but the little guy has got a whole lot of charm in him that it’s hard not to love him. He gets excited about playing games, can be a little stubborn about eating his vegetables, and will become sad if he’s feeling neglected.
If that sounds like the kind of thing you could see yourself taking care of from the comfort of a smartphone, then you owe it to yourself to download Pou right away. There’s no reason to wait! The game is completely free and our slimy friend is looking for a good home.