Remedy Rush won’t cure what ails ya, but it’s still fun.
|Remedy Rush Review|
|Avg. Rating: (5 Player Ratings – Avg. Rating 3 out of 5) Rate|
AS Exclusive Review Summary
- Immediately accessible but also quite tricky
- Some interesting variation in what different remedies do
- Sometimes swipes are counted as taps
- Being able to push germs can sometimes mess things up
Take an Ill Pill
Remedy Rush keeps it simple with a bare-bones control scheme, then makes it less simple by throwing stuff like random pathways and explosions and prowling germs at you. All while you try to stay ahead of The Creeping Sickness. So yeah, it’s that stuff I just mentioned plus you’ve got to constantly stay on the move. Hurray!
Learning the basic control scheme is just the beginning.
- Don’t worry about moving too fast the first few times you play. You’re going to get caught one way or another so take your time and get used to learning some other useful tactics.
- Always look ahead. Since you’ll want to keep moving, you’ll also want to make sure you can figure out the best way to press forward. It’s extremely unlikely you’ll get yourself stuck, but some routes will be easier than others.
- Remember to use your health explosion power thing (Health Burst). Tap and hold the screen to blast every tile that surrounds your remedy. This will destroy germs, damage cells/blocks, and activate red exploding blocks. You can grab more as you see them (the green + symbols), but can only hold so many.
- Don’t worry about saving your booms. There are a lot of these thing sprinkled around, so use ’em if you got ’em. But maybe keep one on deck just in case you run into germs.
- Use the red exploding blocks (Toxins) to your advantage. Their shape will show you how they’ll blow up (X, +, a square, and ?). The ? ones explode randomly, so be careful around them.
- Red blocks have a delay. When you bump them or explode on them, there will be a brief moment where they’ll show the blast radius (via dotted lines) before blowing up. Make sure to get out of the way!
- You can immediately blow up a red block by bumping it after its initial activation. This pretty much just works with the ‘X’ and some of the ‘?’ blocks, though.
- You can push germs. If you bump a germ and there’s an empty space behind it, you’ll push it away – great to give you some space, less great if you’re trying to blow it up and miss. It can be a decent way to get out of a pinch if you get cornered with no health bursts, though.
Always remember your remedy effects. Each one does something a little different, and knowing how best to take advantage of them will be a big help. Some are passive to the point where you don’t need to think about them, but others can change things up a fair bit.
Cough it Up
Remedy Rush isn’t the sort of game that will wow anyone with intense graphics or complex mechanics, but it does simple and straightforward quite well. It’s the sort of easy to learn and tough to put down fun that always lends itself well to the mobile platform.